help me get a lens!

i despreately need a 18-200 vr. i jsut bought a d80 t oday and have no lens for it. please help me track one down whether from a local camera store that will shipp nationwide or a legit online store.

Good luck with your search. Demand has outstripped supply since this lens was introduced about 2 years ago (?). Looks like the shortage has eased somewhat and you can find one for $800 from 17th Street Photo. If you want to pay less, you'll have to be patient...

You could also check e-bay. Prices are still high as demand is greater than supply. Also sometimes local camera stores will split up a kit and you could just buy the lens...

Good luck, it's a fun lens :)

My friend at work just got a D200 and decided he wanted the 18-200VR as well. Between the two of us I think we called everyone, only ones available are Gray Market lenses. No One has any US versions even if they say "In Stock" when you call they don't have any. My friend was told 4 - 6 weeks (no guarantees). I think the lack of availability is forcing people to look at alternatives, many are getting the new 70-300VR and saving a few bucks in the process.- Jeff

D

Dennyd80

You can get the 18-135 and the 70-300 VR for about the same amount of money that 18-200 VR will cost. Both are readily available.

The 18-135 is very sharp and so is the 70-300 VR.

The two zooms would cover just about any shooting situation that you will encounter and together will only set you back $800-$900.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom