1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help me name our new kitten!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by staceylynn, Oct 5, 2008.

1. So as I posted about a month ago, I took a job at a local vet. This little girl came through from a shelter last week to be spayed and I fell in love adopted her. When I brought her home, I told my bf she is a birthday present to myself (birthday is tomorrow) and she is now a member of our family.

She is amazing and I fall more in love with her every day. The only problem is, we cannot come up with a name! We've never had this problem before, and I suppose it's because I work at a vet and hear names all day, I want something a little different.

Someone suggested Tiramisu because of her coloring, but I'd like to hear a few other suggestions as well!

So far we thought of Elinor (I love that name, but I'd rather name a great dane such a name), Lemmi (because she reminds me of a lemur, but then that makes us think of Lemmy of Motorhead) and Farrah, as Andy says she reminds him of a white ferret.

What would YOU name this girly? We're looking for something shortish and feminine, and nerdy names (such as n00b, as our other is nicknamed) are welcome!

2915548477_368f0716a1_o.

2915094327_55e6816a27_o.

2. polar, contrary

two synonyms for opposite I found. Most excellent and unique face!!!!
    glenn

3. Harlequin

4. Ack, you guys are a lot better at this than me - and I'm so glad they're not normal cat names! :)  This is going to be a tough decision!

5. harlequin is fitting too. Both that and contrary are good to describe the color theme and cats in general

6. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Part Siamese Seal Point, part I don't know what. Looks to be an interesting mix.

Ming the merciless? Siam Sam? Tux?
    Maybe Frank, for ole Blue Eyes.
    Then theres Harley, short for Harlequin.

7. two face!

my cat is named schrodinger

8. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    I would say Isis for the Egyptian god ofMagic. Those eyes are magical.

Dan

9. PiotrC70

PiotrC70

Sep 18, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Yup... looks like a Canon to me. :wink:

10. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    +1 for two face. Joe beat me to it. Curse you, Joe! :smile:

11. Another....That was my first thought when I saw 2nd picture.

12. My turn! Lynelle

MikeT

13. How about yin-yang? You know, ying and yang? :tongue:

14. Ahhh, this is fun!

I thought of yin-yang, but it sounds too blunt. I like words with meaning and special hidden meaning! Luna I thought of, but a lady at work has a Chinese Crested named Luna. I like Eclipse, and a few others! Keep them coming, and hopefully she'll have a name soon!

Thanks for joining in!

15. Miss Flanders. Don't have any idea why, but that's what I thought when I looked. Not descriptive, I know, but that's what I'd name her.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  16. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    Echo?

Zip?

17. Rotogravure

Rotogravure

Jul 7, 2008
    California
    It's the Phantom!

18. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    How about Emmy or Kira...those are my favorite names.

19. 'Arf 'n 'Arf In Cockney English

Half & Half in American English

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.