Help Me Name These?

My local camera club is preparing a submission for possible exhibition at a local gallery. Each member will be submitting a few images for possible inclusion in the club's submission. One of the requirements is to provide a name for each image that gets included in the submission.

I've got my entries narrowed down to the two images in this post. Writing is not one my strengths so I'd appreciate any ideas for names for either/each of these images. (I usually come up something lame like "Vermont Farm" or "Blue Ridge Sunset". I'd prefer something more expressive though.)

Also, I'd appreciate opinions on which of the two you feel is a stronger entry for the exhibit.

Here they are with a bit of background on each:

1. This image was taken recently in Vermont. It's a farm in the Woodstock area. I like it for it's peaceful setting. I wish that it were taken in fall though, so it would more typify what I think of as Vermont. (I'll return at that time, but it'll be too late for this exhibit.)
i-X4FWMKF-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. This image was taken in November 2007 and is one of my first successful images with my then-new D80. The location is on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. I've always gotten lots of nice comments about it, and I've tried tweaking the lighting, rock details and sky in this version.
i-f4hvVpf-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bert,

those are great images. I prefer #2 if you have to go down to one.

Naming, oh dear that is not easy... I'm not familiar with these areas as I'm from Europe so I come up with other types of naming...

#1:
Almost Home
The last bend

#2:
Tree with a view
Sit down next to me

Bert, are you looking for something simple like: The Sentinel or Pastoral Scene
or do you need a descriptive title? Nice shots by the way. I like the second one.
How about "Ancestral Tree"?

Last edited by a moderator:
#1 - "through the gate lies....."
#2 - "and beyond........."

I thought sentinel for #2 instantly as the post above does but figured I'd leave the viewers with a question or two to consider.

Bert, are you looking for something simple like: The Sentinel or Pastoral Scene
or do you need a descriptive title? Nice shots by the way. I like the second one.
How about "Ancestral Tree"?

#1 - "through the gate lies....."
#2 - "and beyond........."

I thought sentinel for #2 instantly as the post above does but figured I'd leave the viewers with a question or two to consider.

Great Minds Think Alike!!! Last night I was thinking about Image #2 and came up with "The Sentinel" too! :biggrin: So, I guess that one's settled.

Keep 'em coming for #1!

Thanks!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom