Help me select a new lens

I currently have the Nikon D60 with the 18-55VR and 55-200VR. I would like something faster to capture shots of my two dogs while playing outside and fish in my saltwater aquarium. Once in awhile I get lucky with the dogs, but I can not get a good picture of my fish.

My budget is under $300. Right now I am looking into the following three
AF NIKKOR 28mm f/2.8D
AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D

*I am aware that the 28m & 50mm would be manual focus with the D60.

Any other suggestions or help with deciding between the three? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Alan

I second the 35mm. The af seems important for the reasons you want to upgrade.

I third the 35mm... I have a D60 and originally thought I could make do with manually focusing the lens, but as it turns out, I keep on missing shots, or they're blurry on the parts I want focused..

Thanks! You made that easy for me. It was my first choice, but needed a some reassurance that it would be the right decision.

Well, I have not purchased the 35mm f/1.8G yet but I did just pick up a used 50mm f/1.8D with a Nikkormat for $75 last night. I have not had a chance to shoot with the lens yet, but excited about the purchase. Will pick up the 35mm when I can find one that isn't jacked up 2X in price.

I think the 35 would be best also. Don't have it, but have done lots of image-browsing and know that on DX I prefer 30-35mm over 50mm for the most versatility.

Latest threads

Top Bottom