1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help! My personal wedding photos are getting dusty/curled up!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leahp26, Jul 17, 2008.

1. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    My recent camera obsession has only had one real negative - that I haven't done a single thing with our wedding photos (we got married last November).

I'm not sure what to do but figure the experienced Nikon Cafe members may be able to suggest something for me:

To cut a long story short (lots of rambling detail below for those interested):
    - I have a large quantity of hard prints from our wedding ceremony (Las Vegas) mostly 8x10 both portrait and landscape, some 5x7 and the odd 4x6
    - I have digital negatives (for personal use) from our "post-wedding" party (NH) that I can print
    - I don't want to scan in the hard copies (plus that would be breaking copyright rules right?) and do a coffee table book
    - I am looking for a wedding album (somewhat traditional, black mats with different size openings - not so much of the gold leaf corners etc) that I can buy just one of
    - Any suggestions?:confused: 

Here's the rambling version (maybe you can't sleep/work isn't so interesting...):

- We got married at the Wynn in Las Vegas, package included one hour of photography, I paid another $700 or so for an additional hour. Considering we had zero interaction with the photographers before the wedding; there were two photographers and I met them maybe 10 mins before the ceremony and said "no totally cheesy shots pls", I LOVE our photos.

They shot all the emotional moments during the ceremony, great family shots afterwards and then for our extra "hour" took us to some amazing locations on the property for beautiful photos. I had one in a frame on my desk and a colleague asked why I hadn't replaced the stock image - they nearly fell over when they realized it was a real photo of us! And I don't think it was even the magic of photoshop - the lighting, composition etc is all perfect.

Ideally I would have bought the digital negatives but $2500 was a little out of our budget so I bought a ton of prints (maybe 20 8x10, 2 huge - maybe 20 x 30??, lots of 5x7 and a few 4x6 - looking back I'm probably approaching the $2500 limit in prints but hindsight is always 20:20 right?)

- We then had a "post-wedding" party just before Christmas with all our friends. Another great photographer involved (www.dandoke.com), this time I paid for his time and high-res images on CD for personal use/printing.

So I now have a big stack of hard-copy photos which I really want to have in a traditional wedding album (something simple, elegant but classic - ideally black, black mats with different size openings 8x10, 5x7, 4x6).

I've looked online and have found:
    - Cheap looking albums :frown:
    - I need to be a professional to order :tongue:( not happening!)
    - I need to order 24 albums at a time.

Any and all suggestions very welcome! Thank you for reading :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2008
  2. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Times have changed. My Vegas photographer charged $200 for the negatives which we happily paid.

3. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    :)  Could have maybe stretched to $1000 but $2500 was just too much - they're really excellent photos so I would LOVE to have them digitally but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

The Wynn hotel was great but EVERYTHING was pretty expensive so I guess I should have figured the digital negatives would be too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.