help needed with more flexible flickr export presets in Lr3

I have a strange idea ;-)

I use for my quick web uploads a custom hacked watermark with film borders (consisting of several layers of PSD files, making up a 4 edge border).

I can find and edit the *.irtemplate file, which defines the exact export settings for this export in my Lightroom folder on Mac OS X.

I cannot seem to find a similar export settings file for the publishing services in Lightroom 3.

The annoying thing about Lightroom 3 is, that you only have one configurable publishing setup, which can only be changed via the software UI.

I constantly change my settings, depending on how I want to export to my flickr account (with/ without borders/ different resolutions, etc…).

I look for a flexible way/ workaround, to easily configure several flickr export setup files.

How to do it?

Dirk have you looked at Jeffrey Friedls plug-in?? I'm not sure if it will do what you want but Jeffrey is fantastic at plug-ins and may even implement a request!! He's reasonably close to you as well.

@Geoff
Yes Geoff, I have found Jeff Friedl's plugin site and had this chosen as one option to try.
After reading though, that basically Adobe overtook the main functionality of his plugin into the Lr 3 built, I gave up on the idea, as the main function, I would need is not there - different setting profiles or at least documented file editing for swapping profiles from the finder.

It surprises me actually, that this basic feature, which has been there in the export dialog is missing in what UI wise is just a different file export dialog.

I would love to see these different export options to migrate further and open up with more freedom and customizability.

I had for example to patch up a several layer watermark, to come up with these frames + my branding - it is not possible, to have several layer watermarks from external image files in Lightroom natively :confused:

L9997335-Signatech%20Nissan%20-%20Oreca%2003-Nissan%20-%202011%20Le%20Mans%2024h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like the outcome and made it my quick web publish standard for many shots, but why need external plugins and workarounds, when the actual thing could be so easy?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom