Help on Histogram clippng

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by TheKO, May 31, 2005.

1. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Okay time to show my ignorance...

I was playing around shooting some flower pictures in D70 RAW on my back porch Saturday. When I brought them into the PSCS2 camera RAW tool I checked the Histogram.

The tool shows Histograms that are super imposed on one another. There is a Red, Blue and Green histogram (along with the black and white).

I know how to set the black point and white point on the "normal" Histogram but I had a problem on this one I don't know how to fix.

All of the Histograms were slightly to the left ( a normal D70 action) but I had what seemed to be Red clipping on the high side (right) of the histogram.

I shot this at several f stop setting (f/22 - f8) and they all show a high end red clipping.

The question (finally!!!) - how do you move a color Histogram (in this case Red) off of the red clipping?

2. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    I think is pretty common for the red to clip, although perhaps if you adjust the Hue setting in camera to +3 it would help. Also just because you have one color clip doesn't mean that all detail is lost. I only have PSCS but to adjust the individual colors I get past the raw open window and open up the curves adjustment window, switch to color and adjust.

3. Doesn't the 'hue' setting only effect the JPG capture and not the RAW?

I could be wrong................. wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

JohnG

4. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    By intentionally distorting white balance and adjusting it back in Photoshop itself, after ACR conversion is done.