Help, Please Help

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by TR_Fox, Jun 17, 2005.

1. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    As some on you know I don't do a lot of pictures of people. But I have a client that would like a group shot done :shock: . It will be about 12 people and will be shot indoors in a conference room. I have studio strobes if I need them.

I would like some help with posing and lighting. :cry: :cry:

All ideas and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. If you're indoors and have a strong strobe, bounce it off the ceiling as long as it's not too high. If not, use a tripod and try to get everyone to stay still. Key to group shots is to get everyone lit evenly.

12 people isn't too bad.

3. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    one word of advice with big groups and flash, check for blinkers. avoid rear-curtain sync if you're using a nikon strobe as some people have fast-enough reflexes to blink after the pre-flash.

ricky

4. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Thanks guys I don't have an on camera flash. I have a couple of 200 WATT studio heads. I am not sure about the bounce the ceiling is over 12 feet. Do you think that would work?

5. Is it possible to set up in the conference room and run some tests before the group arrives?

6. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Yes I can do that the morning of the shoot. However I won't have any subjects. I will just be able to get some lighting tests.

7. That should still be ok. once you get the lighting and exposure values set to eliminate glare, etc., The subjects will only require minor if any adjustments.

8. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Thanks Dave,
    The shoot is this friday and I might try to do a little extra looking at the room on Wednesday.