Help, Please Help

As some on you know I don't do a lot of pictures of people. But I have a client that would like a group shot done :shock: . It will be about 12 people and will be shot indoors in a conference room. I have studio strobes if I need them.

I would like some help with posing and lighting. :cry: :cry:

All ideas and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

If you're indoors and have a strong strobe, bounce it off the ceiling as long as it's not too high. If not, use a tripod and try to get everyone to stay still. Key to group shots is to get everyone lit evenly.

12 people isn't too bad.

fks

one word of advice with big groups and flash, check for blinkers. avoid rear-curtain sync if you're using a nikon strobe as some people have fast-enough reflexes to blink after the pre-flash.

ricky

Thanks guys I don't have an on camera flash. I have a couple of 200 WATT studio heads. I am not sure about the bounce the ceiling is over 12 feet. Do you think that would work?

That should still be ok. once you get the lighting and exposure values set to eliminate glare, etc., The subjects will only require minor if any adjustments.

Thanks Dave,
The shoot is this friday and I might try to do a little extra looking at the room on Wednesday.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom