Help please. I have also posted this in the Lighting forum

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by TR_Fox, Jun 17, 2005.

1. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    As some on you know I don't do a lot of pictures of people. But I have a client that would like a group shot done :shock: . It will be about 12 people and will be shot indoors in a conference room. I have studio strobes if I need them.

I would like some help with posing and lighting. :cry:

All ideas and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. If the walls are white, don't hesitate to use them as relfectors. Ceiling as well.

Use umbrellas or Soft Boxes. If you don't have them, then use the walls.

One strobe on each side of the group and one on front. You can get away with 2 strobes easily I believe.

Try to keep the light the background the same as the group and try to avoid shadows.

As for the poses, that's the easiest part. Just take lots of pictures and go from there. Give the people a feeling you're in charge and in control and they will listen to you.

:D

3. If you don't have umbrellas or Soft boxes, you can also use that white foam which is used for packaging (or used in construction/renovation... that's the best I can describe it). It will effectively diffuse light and keep the white balance good.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    You should also make them laff.

5. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Thaks I have 3 200 watt stobes 2 24x24 softboxes and a couple of unbrellas so I think I can get enough light.

As for the pose I am just guessing I should not back the group too tight. a little space so I dont get the shadows?