Help, Please - NX-D won't Convert Files

Please - I need your help!

Suddenly, after I process a RAW image using NX-D and go to convert it to a JPEG, the "Batch Process Status" on the menu bar is highlighted in yellow and my file is shown as "queued". But nothing more happens. It stays that way and never ever finishes. In effect, I stopped from saving the file as a JPEG.

I have used Capture for years and this has never happened to me before. I also never ever use Batch Processing so it has somehow been turned on.

I've tried uninstalling Capture NX-D and then reinstalling it, but it does the same thing time after time. And when I open up Capture freshly, it even tells me I have previously queued files and asks if I want to save them. If I say "yes" I am back to the beginning, everything is frozen and nothing happens. If I say "no", I re-edit the image, go to convert it JPEG and the batch processing light comes on and it gets queued again.

I have no clue how to stop this "batch processing" and I am not even sure what it is. I simply want to edit individual RAW images as required and as I have been doing for years. I have spent so many frustrating hours the last two days trying to sort this out. Please, someone, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there. I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm running Big Sur 11.1 on a MacBook Pro.
I've used the software successfully in the past. It appears that it's an issue with compatibility on the new OS. I gave the Nikon software full access rights on my local drives. That didn't correct it either. I'm going to reach out to Nikon tech support to see if there is a remedy.

NX-D is not compatible with Big Sur on the Mac if you are doing JPEG file conversions. If you are using it to open a RAW file, and then exporting it into TIFF, on a specified application, it works fine.
Nikon updated the compatibility statement on Dec 20th.

The problems with NX-D on Big Sur sound like those I have experienced with some other applications. I now wish I had not done the upgrade.

Another question: can I run the old ViewNX-2 and the newer ViewNX-i on the same machine?

I'm finding that under Big Sur, ViewNX-2 will only show small previews of all images. I want to see them full screen as I have done for 13 years under all previous MacOS versions.

The problems with NX-D on Big Sur sound like those I have experienced with some other applications. I now wish I had not done the upgrade.

Another question: can I run the old ViewNX-2 and the newer ViewNX-i on the same machine?

I'm finding that under Big Sur, ViewNX-2 will only show small previews of all images. I want to see them full screen as I have done for 13 years under all previous MacOS versions.
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 07.03.59.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 07.05.20.jpg

Nope, both View NX-i (the only one on my machine). The seond is in Full-Screen mode.

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 11.20.10.jpg

Please - I need your help!

Suddenly, after I process a RAW image using NX-D and go to convert it to a JPEG, the "Batch Process Status" on the menu bar is highlighted in yellow and my file is shown as "queued". But nothing more happens. It stays that way and never ever finishes. In effect, I stopped from saving the file as a JPEG.

I have used Capture for years and this has never happened to me before. I also never ever use Batch Processing so it has somehow been turned on.

I've tried uninstalling Capture NX-D and then reinstalling it, but it does the same thing time after time. And when I open up Capture freshly, it even tells me I have previously queued files and asks if I want to save them. If I say "yes" I am back to the beginning, everything is frozen and nothing happens. If I say "no", I re-edit the image, go to convert it JPEG and the batch processing light comes on and it gets queued again.

I have no clue how to stop this "batch processing" and I am not even sure what it is. I simply want to edit individual RAW images as required and as I have been doing for years. I have spent so many frustrating hours the last two days trying to sort this out. Please, someone, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like this issue might be fixed now - Nikon released a new version of Capture NX-D (version 1.6.5) that adds support for macOS 11 Big Sur. Finally!

https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/194.html

Cheers

Mike

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom