Help please with recording actions on my screen

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by Daves602, Jul 25, 2007.

1. I have seen videos that follow a teacher showing how to use software with a voice over as the actions happen on the screen. Is there a programme that will do the following, like a video screen capture saved to mpeg with a mic hooked up to me for the sound?
    The reason I ask is that I am being taught how to use a couple of harder programmes and if I can play the lesson back to myself at a later date, that follows all the steps I perform whilst the teacher is present, this would be a huge advantage to me.
    Any ideas?

2. mallaig

mallaig

Mar 12, 2006
  3. Thanks for the link Tim. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to download, maybe out of business? Any way, I am downloading another programme called snagit. It offers a 30 day free trial and then it is only $40. So, if it does everything they say it will, it will be a huge help for me.
    Thanks again.

4. mallaig

mallaig

Mar 12, 2006
    Hmm... link works just fine here.

Snagit is quite good, I only posted the link to CamStudio because it's free. :wink:

Cheers.

5. Snagit is working a treat. Thanks anyway Tim. Maybe the mirror site in Australia is down for CamStudio?