Help please with recording actions on my screen

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by Daves602, Jul 25, 2007.

1. I have seen videos that follow a teacher showing how to use software with a voice over as the actions happen on the screen. Is there a programme that will do the following, like a video screen capture saved to mpeg with a mic hooked up to me for the sound?
    The reason I ask is that I am being taught how to use a couple of harder programmes and if I can play the lesson back to myself at a later date, that follows all the steps I perform whilst the teacher is present, this would be a huge advantage to me.
    Any ideas?

2. mallaig

mallaig

Mar 12, 2006
  3. Thanks for the link Tim. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to download, maybe out of business? Any way, I am downloading another programme called snagit. It offers a 30 day free trial and then it is only $40. So, if it does everything they say it will, it will be a huge help for me.
    Thanks again.

4. mallaig

mallaig

Mar 12, 2006
    Hmm... link works just fine here.

Snagit is quite good, I only posted the link to CamStudio because it's free. :wink:

Cheers.

5. Snagit is working a treat. Thanks anyway Tim. Maybe the mirror site in Australia is down for CamStudio?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.