HELP Please.....

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by Rverba74, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Hello all, I am currently using a D40 and would like to buy a flash but I am limited in the money department. I was looking at the sb 600 on amazon but then I came across some other brands, such as Phoenix and opteka. Would any of those other brands be recommended???

Thank You:confused: 

2. I don't think many here would recommend a non-Nikon flash but they should be ok if your resources are limited . the SB400 can do bounce flash as well which would greatly increase your possibilities . If you have a look at my post on SB24 high synch speed you will find out that you could synch flash up to 1/4000th with an older flash and the D40 but would have to input settings to the flash manually and use it in 'A' mode .

3. It would be best to use a Nikon flash so you can take advantage of all of the neat features built into the Creative Lighting System. The sb600 would be an excellent choice. Once you have 25 posts, you'll gain access to the Cafe's For Sale forum. You can find LNIB copies of the sb600 in the $125-150 range.

4. Yeah, I was thinking that I would get shot down for even thinking of getting a non nikon flash but I guess I was wrong. You all are great with alot of great input. I will definitely check out the sb 400 and the sb 24 post.
    Thank you

5. Well hopefully I can manage to get enough post to view the cafe's for sale forum. If there are sb 600's in that price range, that is something I can manage.

Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.