HELP! Please :)

I have a Nikon D7100 and wanted to play with some new toys. I purchased a used Vivitar Automatic Tele Converter 2x-5 for Nikon With Case. It arrived but it doesn't exactly attach to my camera or even any of my lenses that attach to my camera. Any chance anyone here would know what I would need as far as an adaptor would be to be able to use this? I'd greatly appreciate any input...... TIA Patty

Welcome to the Cafe!

You'll probably get more helpful responses if you provide the lens model(s) you want to use with it.
Hi. Thank you all for having me. :) Nikon AF 100mm but I can't attach either end to anything...not to any of my lenses or to the camera body. Everything I have is interchangeable which is why I am so perplexed by this. It says it is for Nikon, or the advertisement did atleast... maybe that was incorrect?

Have you tried contacting the seller and asking about returning it?
I paid less than $10 for it. I did contact her to ask if she knew if there was an adaptor that I could use. She does not know. She offered to refund my money and allow me to keep it. That's ok. Small enough purchase I'll fiddle with it until I figure something out. I'm thinking maybe a couple of T mount adaptors might work? It is so very close to fitting now it is frustrating.

Interesting. I do have 1 T-mount adaptor at my sisters house (2 houses down the road) to be able to connect to the telescope. I should go snag that & test it to see if a T-mount will solve the issue. Forgive my slowness guys, I've not slept much in the last 4 days or so.....

Call B&H Photo Video. They're very nice and very professional and should be able to tell you what you need. They won't be open until Monday. You can Google them for their phone number, or go to their website.

Latest threads

Top Bottom