Help please..............

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by RayGuselli, Jul 12, 2007.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi I am trying to reload CS2 to my PC and almost as the installation is complete, before registration the following message comes up....

Adobe Activation Warning which says 'You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have the proper privileges. Please log in using an account with administrator privileges and try again

I am the administrator and nothing has been changed on the pc to change that....

I understand this is a common problem but as I am not really pc literate, any advice would be appreciated...as long as it is not too complicated please!!!!!

Many thanks

Ray

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You may have to call adobe Re: reactivation:>)))

Grrr not fun

3. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Turn off your anti-virus software. It may be prohibiting the installer from completing some tasks successfully.

4. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    ditto

5. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Sorted..................I can play again!

Hi All

A friend came round who is very compuer PC and who determined it was a conflict with CS2 and which required some drastic registry action as well as other stuff....al beyond me but at times the screen seemed to have lots of gobbledegook on it....!!!!

However, now have CS2 up and running again so grateful for that.

Thanks again for the help.

Appreciated as always

Best wishes

Ray