Help Posting Pic's from SmugMug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by asaya, May 27, 2007.

1. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    I am not able to post pics from my SmugMug site. Does anyone else here use SmuMug who might be able to assist me?

2. 1. Get the image location info by either:
    a. Right click on the image you post, go to properties and copy the location info. It should look something like ​
    http://Myphotos.smugmug.com/photos/64416329-M.jpg or
    b. Click on the “share photo” button on the top right hand side, select “Forums / blogs / etc” and get the same link info​
    2. Go to the thread for which you want to post an image.
    3. Click on the yellow “Insert Image” icon that looks like two tiny mountains.
    4. Paste the link info you got info you got in step 1a or 1b
    5. Click OK.

3. Sure, Tony. Open your Smugmug site in a browser window (I just use another tab in Firefox), pick the image you want to post, right click on it (in Windows), and choose "Copy Image Location".

Then go back to the Nikon Cafe window, type in your Nikon Cafe post text and where you want the image, click on the yellow square above the text box with the mountain silhouette. This will pop up a box where you can then paste in the URL from Smugmug that you just copied. Click "o.k." and you're good to go.

Like this:

153101188-M.

Click "Quote" under this post and you'll see how it embeds the URL between [​IMG]. Of course you can do this manually as well.

Hope this helps.

4. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Got it guys and gals thanks for the help I used the share button on SmuMug and copied that into our "mountains"

5. Happy to help

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Is that your Road Runner? What a beautiful old muscle car.

7. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Yes it's mine had it for 9 years a lot of fun to drive