HELP!!! Problem with ACR creating camera defaults!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I have several thousand images to cull and work through. I am using a PC............... I want to set up a camera default that will be applied to all raw D850 images. It should be simple!!!!

Note in the 1st photo that there is NO User named Justin Pleasant on the C: !!!!!

Here is a screen shot of my C:Users - There is NO Justin Pleasant user!!!!
1585072439421.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In ACR I can open a D850 raw image and adjust settings to reflect what I want as a camera preset. Using the menu on the right side of ACR, the default location to save the camera preset is shown below in the 2nd photo. Note that the location string starts with "Justin Pleasant" but NOT on the C: ???????
1585071723256.png

I can change that location to be under the User Karen.....
1585072795838.png

However, when I then want to select the preset as a default to be applied to ALL D850 images (using the camera default menu in the top middle of ACR) - I get a fly out menu that does not show the final Karen folder (shown in the image above under user Karen) and does not contain my D850.xmp preset file.

?????

Attachments

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
It appears the "Justin Pleasant" is from logging on with MS. But why would Adobe be saving files to that instead of User = Karen ???

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
The name of the account, and the name of the folder for the user of the account, can be different. This is perfectly normal.
You don't have a user folder called Justin Pleasant. It is called Karen.
Whatever you do don't try to make them the same. You will end up having to reinstall Windows.
I think you will find ACR is storing them where you want, under the Karen folder. Even though it appers at the top not to be.
You can relax, all is well.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
The name of the account, and the name of the folder for the user of the account, can be different. This is perfectly normal.
You don't have a user folder called Justin Pleasant. It is called Karen.
Whatever you do don't try to make them the same. You will end up having to reinstall Windows.
I think you will find ACR is storing them where you want, under the Karen folder. Even though it appers at the top not to be.
You can relax, all is well.
Thanks, Richard.....but you missed the point. The last paragraph..... The preset I saved in the last photo is NOT available to choose as my camera default using the "new" menu in the top middle of the ACR screen....! And the "fly out" menu in ACR doesn't indicate WHERE that data is coming from.

Really puzzling is that there are other folders (JPts-01, JPts_02, etc) and THOSE presets in those folders show up. That's the reason I created a "Karen" folder, but the Karen folder does not show up!

I copied several Bridge, ACR and PS folders from my old machine and noted the exact locations. I carefully placed them in the same place on my new machine. No joy!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
If you create a new setting, where does it put it? That is the place to put any settings you want it to see.
When I create a new preset........(from Post #1....)

In ACR I can open a D850 raw image and adjust settings to reflect what I want as a camera preset. Using the menu on the right side of ACR, the default location to save the camera preset is shown below in the 2nd photo. Note that the location string starts with "Justin Pleasant" but NOT on the C: ???????
View attachment 1657746

I can change that location to be under the User Karen.....
View attachment 1657749

Again, all the other presets i.e. (JPts_01, JPts_02, etc) do show up for me to select as a default setting!!!!! But nothing in the "Karen" folder or when I put it directly in the Settings folder instead of putting the preset in a separate folder called Karen.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom