Help, PS3 raw issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt S, Sep 22, 2005.

1. For some reason when I open my raw files in PS3 I no longer get the advanced raw controls that I used to get. I only get the one from PS2 where you can change white balance (and only to a preset) and exposure. What setting did I change??? I miss the control I had before. Help :mad:

P.S. I did change cameras from d70 to d70s a while ago but I don't think that is the issue.

2. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    PS3? You mean Paint Shop Pro (PSP)? Or Photoshop Elements 3 (PSE)? Or Photoshop CS (PS)

If you recently installed Nikon software, it will install a NEF converter that over-rides Photoshop's Adobe Camera RAW converter (has controls like WB and stuff) with a Nikon NEF converter (only allows for exposure adjustment).

As far as PSP, I'm not sure that Nikon installs a plug-in, as I don't have a copy so I can't help there.

3. I think your on to something. Sorry about the confusion over image software. I have Elements 3. However I did recently install my trial version of capture and view etc. I didn't do it when I got the D70s because I had already been through it all with my D70. But I thought I should at least get my free 30 days out of captures trial version. So now the big question how do I get rid of the NEF converter and use the one in Elements??

4. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    If you're on a PC, it's located in the

/Adobe/Photoshop Elements 3.0/Plug-Ins/File Formats

Folder - it's called "Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi"

Simply delete it (or rename it to "Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi.inact") and restart PSE, and you'll be fine. BTW, there's a new version of ACR (3.2) available now:

Windows:
    ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/win/

MAC:
    ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/mac/

5. Thanks, got it. It did not work at first, I had to replace the existing camera raw with the new one you linked to. That seemed to do it. Thanks again. :smile:

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    No problem. Happy to help.