1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help, PS3 raw issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt S, Sep 22, 2005.

1. For some reason when I open my raw files in PS3 I no longer get the advanced raw controls that I used to get. I only get the one from PS2 where you can change white balance (and only to a preset) and exposure. What setting did I change??? I miss the control I had before. Help :mad: 

P.S. I did change cameras from d70 to d70s a while ago but I don't think that is the issue.

2. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    PS3? You mean Paint Shop Pro (PSP)? Or Photoshop Elements 3 (PSE)? Or Photoshop CS (PS)

If you recently installed Nikon software, it will install a NEF converter that over-rides Photoshop's Adobe Camera RAW converter (has controls like WB and stuff) with a Nikon NEF converter (only allows for exposure adjustment).

As far as PSP, I'm not sure that Nikon installs a plug-in, as I don't have a copy so I can't help there.

3. I think your on to something. Sorry about the confusion over image software. I have Elements 3. However I did recently install my trial version of capture and view etc. I didn't do it when I got the D70s because I had already been through it all with my D70. But I thought I should at least get my free 30 days out of captures trial version. So now the big question how do I get rid of the NEF converter and use the one in Elements??

4. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    If you're on a PC, it's located in the

/Adobe/Photoshop Elements 3.0/Plug-Ins/File Formats

Folder - it's called "Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi"

Simply delete it (or rename it to "Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi.inact") and restart PSE, and you'll be fine. BTW, there's a new version of ACR (3.2) available now:

Windows:
    ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/win/

MAC:
    ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/mac/

5. Thanks, got it. It did not work at first, I had to replace the existing camera raw with the new one you linked to. That seemed to do it. Thanks again. :smile:

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    No problem. Happy to help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.