Help Resizing for print: Getting dizzy!

Ok, can someone help me with photo resizing for print. If I print a photo with MPix or SmugMug I am asked to crop the image to fit the print. I do not want to lose any part of the image I want it printed excatly how I framed it when I took the original shot. I know you can tell them not to crop and they will print it as is, however, I want the photo to fit the size of the paper excatly (4x6, 5x8, 8x10, 11x14, 12x18, 16x20 and 9x12)

I have searched many threads on NikonCafe and other forums, but I am getting a bit dizzy with the array of information out there (only parts of the step by step). I currently use Photoshop CS3 and CaptureNX 2. The images I want printed are 2848x4288 in size from the D300. If anyone has the time to put up some sort of step by step or even point me to a tutorial online that would be great. Thanks

Your camera's sensor has a ratio of about 2:3, so if you want it printed exactly as you took it you need a print size with the same ratio; 4x6, 8x12, etc. A size with any other ratio will require cropping.

Just use the cropping tool in CS3. You can specify both size and dpi before cropping.

Latest threads

Top Bottom