Help!!! Showing at Naples Grape Festival

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gmaker1, May 31, 2007.

1. As a lark, I sent in an application to set up a booth at a local fair. I never in my life thought I would be accepted. Well, my worst nightmare has come true. I have been accepted to display my work. So now what? Has anyone done this type of show and how do you decide how many images, what sizes, etc one should have. Any help or places to go for help would be greatful.

Thanks,
    Gil

2. The best place to go for help is to an existing fair and look at the booths that are set up. Generally you will have three walls with X amount of space. Calculate out how many pictures you can hang and the larger the sizes used the better. The hanging pictures should be framed with prices displayed. Have at least one or two tables and some bins where you can have a bunch of mounted but not framed pictures. Prepare a name for your booth. Have a chair where you can sit down. The better your preparation the more successful your booth will be. Don't count on making a lot of money on your first try as the cost of printing, mounting and framing pictures will offset the money that comes in. You will generally have quite a bit of competition at these events. Good luck.