HELP -- we're being overrun by Elvii

Discussion in 'People' started by PhilY, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Quick -- beam me up, Scotty -- the Elvii are EVERYWHERE!

They're up on the stage doing all that Elvis stuff

There are Elvii standing out in the crowd around other Elvii watching the Elvii on the stage. It's enough to make you dizzy.

There seems to be a few that forgot how to spell his name -- or at least forgot what they were doing in mid-sew.

And there was even a -- heaven help us all -- *female* Elvis wandering around.

I am becoming a little concerned about the Elvis fanbase, though. :biggrin:

View attachment 98552

Why, yes -- strange that you should ask -- there *is* an Elvis festival going on around here. :cool:

Phil

2. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Nice shots, Phil. Are you going to be there tonight and tomorrow?

3. I would imagine so, Rex -- tomorrow for sure. My wife will kill me if I don't take her to see -- erm, what's his name. Oh, yeah -- Taylor Hicks. I drew a blank for a minute there. We also have tickets for tonight so will probably be there. They had a GREAT Motown style band last night. You coming down?

Phil

4. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    At some point. Alice, Hannah, the granddaughters and daughters in law are leaving for Gulf Shores in the morning. We may try to go for a while tonight. I will be free (except for work) the rest of the weekend.

Who is this Taylor Hicks guy? Another Elvis impersonator?:biggrin::rolleyes:

5. If I had his (newly found) money and he had a feather up his rear, we'd both be tickled.

Just a year ago, that boy was over in B'ham slopping hogs and singing for nickels and he lucked out getting on American Idols and now he is a multi-millionaire. It's disgusting, I tell ya. :biggrin:

Phil

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    NIce shots
    Thanks for the humor

7. Terrific pictures, Phil. They verge on violations of your posting rule :rolleyes:.

Love the shot/comment about the fan base :biggrin:.

8. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    What posting rule is that?

9. It's more of a practice than a rule. Phil makes it a point never to post his best pictures.

10. Thanks, Gail. If one would keep their mind and eyes open around this Elvis thing gong on, the humor is easy to spot. I read in the paper this morning there are *37* Elvii running around town this weekend -- some kind of competition to find the best Elvis. Now I know why I felt surrounded. :biggrin:

Phil

11. Thanks for the comment, Frank -- I appreciate it. It's just snaps with the 70-200. It's hard to take a bad pic with it. :wink:

That fan base was a HOOT. You should have seen them once they got going. There were parts moving that haven't moved in decades. I have pictures as proof!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get ready to go back to the Elvis festival. It's almost time for the "dress your pet up to look like Elvis" parade. Wouldn't want to miss THAT!

Phil

12. As Frank has already explained, it's not a "rule" but a decision of mine to never put on the 'net what I consider my better images. It's a personal thing and I have my reasons but it gets on Frank's last nerve. He'll get over it. :biggrin:

BTW, we have a camera club meeting coming up. I got a note yesterday telling me some more of my images from the show have sold and it reminded me about meeting. As soon as I learn the time and place, I'll let you know if you are still interested.

Phil