HELP!! What is this on my D70???

Is this a hot pixil? It started out as an anoying red dot in any low light shot but it seems to be growing. And now there is a thin red line running down from it. Not sure if you can see it in the full shot but it is plainly visible in the full size to the left of the torch almost to the edge. Converted to jpg in NX

139186417-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Original - HERE

139186409-O.jpg

Here it is a month or so ago- no line (sorry I cropped a diff size- dot is same)

139186647-O.jpg

It Absolutely is

Not a big deal as you can easily clone it out in processing,

I'm sure that Nikon could map it out but I don't know if this is only done for free during the warranty period?

Is this a hot pixil? It started out as an anoying red dot in any low light shot but it seems to be growing. And now there is a thin red line running down from it. Not sure if you can see it in the full shot but it is plainly visible in the full size to the left of the torch almost to the edge. Converted to jpg in NX

139186417-L.jpg

Original - HERE

139186409-O.jpg

Here it is a month or so ago- no line (sorry I cropped a diff size- dot is same)

139186647-O.jpg

G

Gr8Tr1x

Also...that greenish blob is the result of your filter reflecting the torch off the back AA filter inside the camera. Remove the filter when shooting in darkness with bright lights...

Love that Indy show, btw!

I'm sure that Nikon could map it out but I don't know if this is only done for free during the warranty period?

Map it out is somehing they do w/ the camera programming? It is under warranty I guess- I got it June of last year. How long would you guys guess something like that would take? I have zero experience dealing with Nikon warranty stuff.

Map it out is somehing they do w/ the camera programming? It is under warranty I guess- I got it June of last year. How long would you guys guess something like that would take? I have zero experience dealing with Nikon warranty stuff.

at least a couple of weeks. Was this taken at Disney? looks like Indiana Jones.:smile:

If it's under warranty, send it in. They will map out the hot pixels (of change the CCD if needed) and give it a genaeral check and clean. Takes about 1-2 weeks, depends on how you send it to them. If you overnight it to them, they will usually overnight it back to you.

I thought you were talking about the greenish blob at first haha. Hmmm yeah I got a hot pixel as well on my D2H. It only shows up at high ISO though. I didn't think it was considered part of the warranty, but definitely try for it!

What is the turn around period when you send in a camera or lens for repair. Measured in days or weeks? I am thinking of sending in my 18-200 because of the creeping problem when the camera is at a higher level than the subject.

What is the turn around period when you send in a camera or lens for repair. Measured in days or weeks? I am thinking of sending in my 18-200 because of the creeping problem when the camera is at a higher level than the subject.

I think my D2H took about a week or so. The 70-300mm lens took quite a bit longer since they shipped it from the east coast to the west coast (maybe 2 weeks or so)?

If it's just a creeping issue, I would hope about one week.

For creap on that lens i'd just put a wrap of black gaffer's tape around the barrel and be done with it. The added friction will keep it from creeping without affecting zooming.

Latest threads

Top Bottom