Help Which Teleconverter To Buy

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Django, Apr 8, 2007.

1. My daughter's fast pitch softball starts in a few weeks. Which converter works best with the D200 70-200VR combo for softball? Concidering the TC-14E II (1.4x) or the TC-17E II (1.7x) Thanks in advance......Ted B

2. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    Take you kid out to the ball field. You stand were you might be standing as you shoot and get her to walk the bases as you make some test shots at each base and at home. Then get her to do the same in the outfield. Then go home and look at your shots. You may not even need a tc. But if you do you will then know by just how much you want to grow. The tc14eII, tc17eII, and the tc20eII are made to work with your lens. Light should not be a problem with a 2.8 starting point. With a bit of pr work you might sell prints to the mom & dads to cover the cost of your new TC if needed.

3. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    Hi Ted, I tried both , the 14E works best in terms of sharpness and speed (as expected) although the 17E is only slightly behind... I'd suggest you to use the TC-14E.

4. photomate

photomate Guest

My friend has the 17 in combination with the 70-200 and is working the best combination. I have the 80-200 AFS with the 2.0 and is very very good. Best advice, try both in the shop and then decide.