1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help! wifes mac keeps showing dialog box

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by mike367, Aug 16, 2009.

1. mike367

mike367

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    Hi all, my wife keeps getting a pop up box while on her mac book, it goes something like this: Shows picture of i-disk globe in cap. letters it reads____> WEB_AUTH_MSG_WITH_PARAMETERS_KEY. It asks for a user name and password. My wife does not have these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike

2. Got 2 mac's never experienced this.

3. LB Jefferies

LB Jefferies

Jan 29, 2006
    What OS version? Do you have a Mobile Me account? Trying to connect to someone else's iDisk?

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    This sounds like an FTP error. When you say "keeps getting" what are you referring to? What application is she running, what is she doing when the dialog appears. What happens when she clicks on the cancel button. Has she tried CMD-{period}?

5. mike367

mike367

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    Thanks guys, she is running os 10.4.11. This box will pop up when on line and off. When she hits cancel it will go away only to return. We will try the cmd. Mike

6. mike367

mike367

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    Thanks everybody for pitching in. We solved the problem by erasing and re-installing the OS. She lost some work, but was not to important. Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.