Help with color shift in PS+Capture

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Steve S, May 17, 2007.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    This is only recently started happening on my living room "surf" computer/tv, which uses a 42in plasma display, not on my primary editing puter. And, yes, it's also calibrated using an G-M Eyeone2.
    When I open an image in Nikon Capture 4.4, or PS-CS2, there's a distinct color shift in my image, to red in this case. The same image opened in N View or even Windows Picture Viewer doesn't exhibit this behavior. What's wierd is if the color management settings are the same for both N View and NC4.4, as they say they are, then why do they look different in ea program?

I'm attaching screen grabs from PS, then Win Pic Viewer so you can hopefully clearly see what's going on here. I'm also attaching a grab of my PS Color Settings. I'm completely stumped! Any help would be appreciated.

Proper color rendering in Win Pic viewer:
    original.

Color shift in PS-CS:
    View attachment 96026

PS color settings:
    View attachment 96027

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Bump

Can anyone explain what's happening here?

3. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    What happens if you set Adobe PS to sRGB?

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Lisa, but

as advised my the Gretag-McBeth video tutorial on PS color management I recently watched, I have PS set to ask if I want to set my working space to Adobe RGB or use the embedded colorspace, which, in this case is sRGB. I used to have my working space set to sRGB, but the change over to Adobe RGB hasn't made any difference is this anomaly. It was doing this before I recently made the change.

5. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Purely a random guess on my part. :) Sorry it didn't make any difference!

6. photoshooter

photoshooter Guest

We have seen this happen, a few times in pscs2, asked about it once, the answer was, that how the programs algothrthim, interupts the color.
    I actually believe, it has something to do with some inocuous setting, in your computer some place.
    If you really want an explanation, call Adobe tech support.