Help with D200 playback setting

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by bpdougd, Jun 7, 2007.

1. This is both annoying and embarrassing. Somehow I got the playback display set to "four-up", in other words, instead of a single image I get four at a time. After reading the D200 manual (that is a pretty good way to induce coma) and checking the D200 Digital Field Guide and doing the "explore the menus" thing, I cannot figure out how to get this set back to displaying a single image at a time.

Can someone help?

2. carlsson

Jul 29, 2006
    Just press checkerfield button and turn control wheel.

3. Thanks.

"I'm here to fix your computer. Where is it?"

"You're leaning on it."

Yup, it's official. I feel stupid.
  4. <-- did the same thing, now I know how to fix it :)

Thanks, I was not sure what I did to make it do that, maybe I went on a button mashing spree.
  5. fyrbolt

Feb 2, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Don't feel bad Doug. I think quite a few of us have done that. I had the D50 and D70s. I think it's done differently on those bodies compared to the D200. I was a bit confused at first and couldn't figure it out. I just kept playing with buttons until I figured it out.
  6. The D200's Direction Pad's playback navigation was backwards from my D70.
    on the D70:
    Left and Right switched photos
    Up and Down changed view modes
    on the D200:
    Left and Right changed view modes
    Up and Down switched photos
  7. Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    You can change the direction of the D200 pad. I don't remmeber how to do it, but I made the change on mine.
  8. I did this the other day and it's confusing,. since you can see the full size pic but it is always zoomed in a little and are unable to get to the rgb histogram

holding button and turning wheel fixed it but I was almost considering a reset

9. Sweet - because I want the same style between my D200 and D2h, it would be annoying having to remember and consciously switch between 2 schemes than just intuitively.

10. Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I found it!

Go to page 169, custom setting f3. Hope this helps.
  11. Just did it, fabulous! Thank you so much for providing such detailed notes.