Help With D2X files in PS CS2

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by TexIndian, May 29, 2005.

1. HELP!! I just processed my first D2X pictures in the new PS CS2 upgrade. The pictures of Siberian Tigers looked great while processing - with plenty of richs reds in the cat's coat. But when I upload the images to pbase (or look at them with any other viewer), I lose the rich reds and the images take on a greenish cast, like this: (no color processing at all on this example)

I'd post a red one for comparison, but I can't! When I look at the images in NikonView, they aren't as red as PS CS2, but they're not as bad as the one above. Any ideas of what I'm missing here? I've used PS CS on my D1X images for a long time, but I've never seen anything like this before.

I should add that I'm using the Camera Raw 3.1 update to process the NEF files in PS CS2.

The frustrating part is that I have calibrated my monitor so that I get what I see in PS. Now I don't, and there's no way to make adjustments if you can't see the true results of what you're doing. Arrggg....

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Hi John,

My guess is that the pictures you uploaded were in a color space other than sRGB, for example Adobe RGB. Web pages are only displayed correctly in sRGB. When uploading in another color space, the pictures get displayed as if they were sRGB (usually the websites disregard any color information, even if it's included in the jpeg).

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

3. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Heiko is correct...web browsers handle color in sRGB. Even though your display and system are calibrated, you will get a color shift and lose some punch when posting in a different color space.

Try to convert this shot in PS to sRGB, export/save, repost and see what you get.

C