Help with D70's constant blinking green light

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I pulled out my D70 after a long idle period, only to discover a dead battery. I thought this odd, since it had a freshly charged one in it from barely 2 wks ago. So, I place another fresh battery in, and discover this constant blinking green light. The one that indicates writing to the CD card. Tried a different card, get the same thing. Anyone know what's going on here, and how I can fix it?
  2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    That's bad............

Mine's a VERY early example, the 1st one in my town, and this was a sudden failure. Looks like it goes in for repair. Sure not gonna try to fix it myself. [email protected], that's 1 cam & 2 lenses I gotta send in now! Dropped my 12-24 and my 200-400VR is acting up too.
  3. Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Steve, my D70 has the BGLOD too. Gotta send it in. First the D2H and now the D70. What a pi$$er. :?
  4. JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    As an early D70 owner I'm starting to wonder if it's a matter of "when", not "if" I become a BGLOD victim. At least Nikon still seems to be fixing the problem for free in most cases.
  5. This is really beginning to get me worried...:( I have a short vacation coming up, I just hope it waits until I get back. I bought mine in March 2004 too. :shock:
  6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I hope it isn't something contagious, spreading through the forum..... :oops:
  7. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Shuuda bought D100....lololol

Omg I better hush or it may fail on shuttle day.. Now that would really be a Pi$$ser