Help with D70's constant blinking green light

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I pulled out my D70 after a long idle period, only to discover a dead battery. I thought this odd, since it had a freshly charged one in it from barely 2 wks ago. So, I place another fresh battery in, and discover this constant blinking green light. The one that indicates writing to the CD card. Tried a different card, get the same thing. Anyone know what's going on here, and how I can fix it?

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    That's bad............

Mine's a VERY early example, the 1st one in my town, and this was a sudden failure. Looks like it goes in for repair. Sure not gonna try to fix it myself. D@mn, that's 1 cam & 2 lenses I gotta send in now! Dropped my 12-24 and my 200-400VR is acting up too.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Steve, my D70 has the BGLOD too. Gotta send it in. First the D2H and now the D70. What a pi$$er. :?

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    As an early D70 owner I'm starting to wonder if it's a matter of "when", not "if" I become a BGLOD victim. At least Nikon still seems to be fixing the problem for free in most cases.

5. This is really beginning to get me worried...:( I have a short vacation coming up, I just hope it waits until I get back. I bought mine in March 2004 too. :shock:

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I hope it isn't something contagious, spreading through the forum..... :oops:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Shuuda bought D100....lololol

Omg I better hush or it may fail on shuttle day.. Now that would really be a Pi$$ser