Help with Download

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Chris C, Oct 2, 2005.

1. I backed off from using RAW because I was having too much trouble learning to use it while learning to use my first digital camera. (D70) Now that I've had my camera several months, I'm pretty comfortable with what it can do and decided it was time to take another shot at getting a handle on RAW. I use Pixmantic Raw Shooter for my "processing". I shot 117 RAW images this past week and went to download today only to be told by my computer there were no images on my camera! When I put the card back into the camera, it showed me all the pictures. I'm using a Sandisk card reader. When I go directly to the reader, I can see all 117 files. Why can't I download them? What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    It sounds to me that the software that you are using is having trouble reading the folder name that the camera puts the images in. You might look in that direction.

You could also copy all of the images to your pc and then attempt to edit them.

Just a thought. Good luck!

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    In Rawshooter (RSS.) In preferences you have to tell it to recongize raw files.

It rawshooter. not your camera or reader or computer.

Have you got the latest version. You can get it from the Corel site or the Rawshooter site.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I just opened RSS..Clicked on my computer in the menu in RSS found one of my raw folders and they are all there, and they opened.

Think you might want to review the help files for RSS :>)))

Perhaps Paul is right with using NV to get the pics to the computer. (Thats easy) I do it that way to.
    Or you can go diredtly to the card and copy all the files to your , lets say desktop into a new folder you have named.

Or connect the camera to the computer and copy from the card that way.

what ever is easier or quicker for you.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

7. Monty,

"After installing NikonView, put a CompactFlash card (with photos on it!) in the CF card reader - you can now use the "Tools/Launch Nikon Transfer" to do your transfer."

I installed Nikon View, put the card in the reader...............but where is "Tools/Launch Nikon Transfer"?

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

9. Paul, (sorry I previously called you Monte)

You are a genius! Thanks. That did the trick. I'd never have figured that on out by myself. I was able to download them through NV and then access the file with RSE. I'm assuming I'll always follow that same procedure with RAW, is that correct? I mean, go to Tools, Launch with Nikon View, etc. Correct?

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You can try...click on start.....see if you have a shortcut there,

NKVMon.exe....

If yes, click on that,it will bring up the nikon launch box for you, click on the transfer button.

Your getting there. :>)))))))

12. Okay, Paul, I set it up that way. I'll have to wait until next time to check it out.

Next problem though.............are you familiar with Pixmantec Raw Shooter? All of my pictures are coming up green. The thumbnails are normally colored, but when I click on them, it takes 2 minutes or more for them to come up on the screen and then they are green!