1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help ! with Epson 4800

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by joepilot, Mar 27, 2011.

1. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Up until last week life was good Mac Book Pro humming along 4800 printing great then it happen , I updated the the epson print driver and was down hill from there. No longer could I make adjustments to my 4800 for printing , Remote Panel would not work has anyone else had this problem ??? I need a fix
    OS is Leopard and no Time Machine did not repair the problem. any help would be greatly appreciated
    Joe

2. I can't think of anything except were you running in 32 bit and now running in 64? If so, maybe the driver doesn't work in 64 bit mode.

3. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Thanks Allan I tried in 32 bit mode (restart Hold down 3 & 2 keys) same problem . I going to contact Epson today to see if I can get a answer .

4. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Subject
    After updating to the latest driver for my 4800 the Common updater V7.0 , Print

Discussion Thread
    Response (Ricardo B) 03/28/2011 12:03 PM
    Dear Joe,

Thank you for contacting Epson regarding your Epson Stylus Pro 4800. It is my pleasure to respond to your inquiry.

I would recommend you trash the Epson driver and reinstall the software with out the common updater.
    Go to HD/Library/Printers folder.
    Drag the Epson folder to the trash.
    Restart your computer
    Empty the trash

Please verify that the correct driver is being used. Go to www.epson.com/support and download the Printer Driver v6.11 for the Pro 4800.

Once the driver is downloaded and installed open the System Preferences.
    Open the Print & Fax.
    Highlight the printer in the list and click on the (-) sign.
    Confirm deletion of the printer and click on the (+) sign.
    Click on Default up top.
    Highlight the printer in the list and make sure Print Using shows Epson SPRO4800.
    Click on Add.

Should you require further assistance with this issue, please reply without history (when possible), as our email system contains all previous correspondence. If you have a different technical support issue, please submit another email request via our website (http://www.epson.com/support), and we will respond in a timely manner.

Thank you again for contacting Epson.

No Thank You Epson!
    Joe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.