Help with Error - D2h

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by sbutchin, Mar 1, 2005.

1. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    My metering bar keeps blinking - the night before that started the D2h locked - I shut if off, replaced the lens and that seemed to fix everything - but the metering bar keeps blinking - any thoughts - thanks

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Don't have mine in front of me, so I can't relate to what you are seeing. If nobody else has an answer before then, I'll look when I get home tonight.

Frank

3. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    thanks frank, i have to shoot a game tonight - hope there's no problems - but of course, it is a playoff game, so if there is a problem it will undoubtedly be tonight!!!
    stephanie

4. Hi there ...

Can you take pictures with the camera and are they exposed properly ?

5. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    HI Bobbie Joe, so far I don't see any problem - just intermittently blinks - I'll be leaving to shoot in a few hours - let you know what happens
    stephanie

6. Could it be because you have compensation EV activated ?

7. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Hi Boobie Joe, no I don't believe that is it. But whatever the case may be, it stopped doing that. I shot the game tonight and no problem. Other than I'm still defrosting. Just a cute story to share. While there was a break in the game the refs came to sit in the penalty box with me. The one ref asked me "how many megapixels is that camera?" I told him 4. His response: "my friend has a 8 megapixel camera, it takes better pictures". Imagine that, he knew before even seeing any of my pics. I wish I had that much insight into things!

stephanie

8. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Hi Yves, spoke to soon. It's doing it again. I'm noticing that it only does it in the manual mode. The metering bar just keeps blinking. It doesn't seem to affect anything. Of course makes it very hard to see or set exposure.

stephanie