1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help with fade

Discussion in 'People' started by paradiddle, Jul 22, 2008.

1. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Took a couple quick shots of my neice this afternoon with my 50 1.8. In our grandmothers house and didn't notice the dark edges. I have elements and NX. How would I put small fade around the entire picture. I have already cropped more than I wanted to. I think I would like to print for Grandmother. Any help appreciated.

337048958_8MJib-M.

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I don't think you need a fade...I think it's perfect the way you have it. I only played with her eyes and also put a frame around the edges.

337048958_8MJib-Mcopy.

3. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks Seneca. What did you do to the eyes? I had already tried to do Sonya's Eye Pop Tutorial. I will try to learn to put a frame around the edge. I am using elements.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I also did Sonya's eye tutorial...but I also burned them a bit in stages. Like stacco clicks when burning.

She is a cutie...

5. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Seneca - Do you have a link to that tutorial?

6. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks Really! I don't know Stacco clicks either :(  I do really like your pictures and appreciate your guidance. I think I need to invest in CS3 and a couple classes! It will have to wait a while. I receive my 70-200 tomorrow!

Just wondering. When you use a border I understand it looks better on the PC/Web. But when you actually print to frame/mat do you still include the trim?

Thanks for the cutie comment. She is my first cousins daughter. She is also has a very cute attitude/personality. Constantly talking, making statements and asking questions. I have only seen her a couple times. She has a sister and a 4 day old brother. I didn't get pictures of the baby. I didn't want to bother him and all I could imagine were the naked pictures you see with the baby on the black cloth. I have never tried and didn't want to disturb him.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

When I print it through WHCC it comes out exactly like you see it. The frame is on the inside so there is not trim - wysiwyg. :wink: Yes invest in CS3 and learn photoshop...it is a photographers pp dream. I love it and I use it everyday. Couldn't do without it. Not sure how I did without it. :confused: 

9. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Lovely shot Gary and I love your treatment Sen!

10. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks Mart.

11. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    The is a free program/plug-in called PTlens that will do vignetting etc.

With due respect to Seneca, I think the eyes in the rework are a little overdone and give a sort of Children-of-the-Damned look.

childrenhf1.

12. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Lew - Thanks for the plug-in info. As for the eyes. On my laptop I don't see that much difference. I may have actually overdone the eyes before Seneca started? I know on another picture of my son I really over worked his eyes......but when I printed the picture everyone loved it. Maybe they don't know what they are doing but I have had several people ask me to do similar work of thier children, and they want to pay?

Thanks for comments!

13. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Not a problem - I think I might've too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.