Help with fade

Discussion in 'People' started by paradiddle, Jul 22, 2008.

1. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Took a couple quick shots of my neice this afternoon with my 50 1.8. In our grandmothers house and didn't notice the dark edges. I have elements and NX. How would I put small fade around the entire picture. I have already cropped more than I wanted to. I think I would like to print for Grandmother. Any help appreciated.

337048958_8MJib-M.jpg

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I don't think you need a fade...I think it's perfect the way you have it. I only played with her eyes and also put a frame around the edges.

337048958_8MJib-Mcopy.gif

3. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks Seneca. What did you do to the eyes? I had already tried to do Sonya's Eye Pop Tutorial. I will try to learn to put a frame around the edge. I am using elements.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I also did Sonya's eye tutorial...but I also burned them a bit in stages. Like stacco clicks when burning.

She is a cutie...

5. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Seneca - Do you have a link to that tutorial?

6. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks Really! I don't know Stacco clicks either :( I do really like your pictures and appreciate your guidance. I think I need to invest in CS3 and a couple classes! It will have to wait a while. I receive my 70-200 tomorrow!

Just wondering. When you use a border I understand it looks better on the PC/Web. But when you actually print to frame/mat do you still include the trim?

Thanks for the cutie comment. She is my first cousins daughter. She is also has a very cute attitude/personality. Constantly talking, making statements and asking questions. I have only seen her a couple times. She has a sister and a 4 day old brother. I didn't get pictures of the baby. I didn't want to bother him and all I could imagine were the naked pictures you see with the baby on the black cloth. I have never tried and didn't want to disturb him.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

When I print it through WHCC it comes out exactly like you see it. The frame is on the inside so there is not trim - wysiwyg. :wink: Yes invest in CS3 and learn photoshop...it is a photographers pp dream. I love it and I use it everyday. Couldn't do without it. Not sure how I did without it. :confused:

9. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Lovely shot Gary and I love your treatment Sen!

10. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks Mart.

11. The is a free program/plug-in called PTlens that will do vignetting etc.

With due respect to Seneca, I think the eyes in the rework are a little overdone and give a sort of Children-of-the-Damned look.

childrenhf1.jpg

12. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Lew - Thanks for the plug-in info. As for the eyes. On my laptop I don't see that much difference. I may have actually overdone the eyes before Seneca started? I know on another picture of my son I really over worked his eyes......but when I printed the picture everyone loved it. Maybe they don't know what they are doing but I have had several people ask me to do similar work of thier children, and they want to pay?

Thanks for comments!

13. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Not a problem - I think I might've too.