Help with memory card reader.

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Gilles, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Since I got the D2X and install Nikon Capture and the new version of Nikon View, I am not able to read my memory card with the Sandisk reader. The Sandisk reader see the file as Audio Files, I tried to change that to Image or Mixed but the computer don't take it. The Windows system is XP-Pro.

Note: the Sandisk reader work very fine with files coming from the 5700. With the D2X i have to hook up the camera to transfer the files.

2. Bill Zunic

Bill Zunic Guest

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that Nikon View was replaced for sure by Picture Project for the D2x...
    It's one of the reasons I havn't purchased a D2x yet... I think I need a new computer for the size of the files "plus" I didn't want the software competing like it did recently on my Mac.

Isn't there an issue with the D2x and NV???

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

You need to access "File Types" in Windows, find the associations and change them, or delete that item and Windows will recreate it.

4. Thank you very Ken i will try that.

5. This afternoon I try a lot of thing and the card still don't read, the computer sees it has an audio card. Maybe the problems reside in the D2X choosen options, what do you think?

I just use the card from the 5700 and no problems.

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Check the Properties of the Card Reader in the Windows Device Manager. (with the card reader plugged in)

7. Ken thank you for taking the time to help me. I think I found the origin of all my problems, last month I use my CD-Rom to play game and after playing for an hour all of a sudden a sharp bang and the CD broke into pieces, this morning I notice after searching everywhere that that CD-Rom reader is stuck on Audio, I guess I will have to remove it from the computer and have it repaire or replace or just disconnect it.

8. I finelly found the way to enable the card reader:
    Nikon View, Edit, Preferences, Still Image, Use the default photo editing program selected by your operating system.