1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help with memory card reader.

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Gilles, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Since I got the D2X and install Nikon Capture and the new version of Nikon View, I am not able to read my memory card with the Sandisk reader. The Sandisk reader see the file as Audio Files, I tried to change that to Image or Mixed but the computer don't take it. The Windows system is XP-Pro.

Note: the Sandisk reader work very fine with files coming from the 5700. With the D2X i have to hook up the camera to transfer the files.

2. Bill Zunic

Bill Zunic Guest

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that Nikon View was replaced for sure by Picture Project for the D2x...
    It's one of the reasons I havn't purchased a D2x yet... I think I need a new computer for the size of the files "plus" I didn't want the software competing like it did recently on my Mac.

Isn't there an issue with the D2x and NV???

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

You need to access "File Types" in Windows, find the associations and change them, or delete that item and Windows will recreate it.

4. Thank you very Ken i will try that.

5. This afternoon I try a lot of thing and the card still don't read, the computer sees it has an audio card. Maybe the problems reside in the D2X choosen options, what do you think?

I just use the card from the 5700 and no problems.

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Check the Properties of the Card Reader in the Windows Device Manager. (with the card reader plugged in)

7. Ken thank you for taking the time to help me. I think I found the origin of all my problems, last month I use my CD-Rom to play game and after playing for an hour all of a sudden a sharp bang and the CD broke into pieces, this morning I notice after searching everywhere that that CD-Rom reader is stuck on Audio, I guess I will have to remove it from the computer and have it repaire or replace or just disconnect it.

8. I finelly found the way to enable the card reader:
    Nikon View, Edit, Preferences, Still Image, Use the default photo editing program selected by your operating system.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.