Help with photography club

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt S, Aug 22, 2008.

1. I have been asked, and agreed, to start a photography club in our middle school where I teach. The administration is very supportive and will do what it can to provide some funding for club. I need to come up with 6 dslr cameras for the students to use. I plan on getting Nikon, for many reasons but mostly because I know the system and they can use my accesories. Does anyone know of any organizations or other entities that help with this sort of thing. I know that we cannot come up with enough money to purchase them entirely on our own. Ideally 6 D40's with kit lenes would be great.

I am really just fishing here so any ideas you have I am all ears. I would look into purchasing used items from cafers but I think that causes all sorts of problems on the accounting end for the school.

Hoping for the best.

2. You might want to start by contacting Nikon direct, or the Nikon distributor, and seeing if they will sell them to you directly without going through any resellers. That'll save a buck or two

3. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Matt,
    Not sure how much you have to spend, but I would tend to search around and see if there is an academic discount available.

B&H has the following D40 package but I'm not really sure if there is better out there.

B&H D40 / 18-55mm - $469.95