Help with Sports Portraits

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by fmphoto, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Well, here it goes. Up until very recently I was the #3 shooter at my local paper doing freelance stuff for local sports and news. It was really a great gig and I had two paid people to take the set up shots the paper always runs (Sports Features etc....) Well, a couple weeks ago, my sports editor called me and told me I was now the #1 photog as the full timers were cut. I won't even tell you what kind of mixed emotions I had with that but here I am. This means I will be doing a whole lot more including those sports features and the like. Here is my question. Does anybody know where I can get online and get some ideas for sports portraits and Sports Art and furthermore, anybody have any recommendation for a class or workshop to attend. I will probably be able to fake it for a while but I really want to do this right. I have seen what the paper use to run and I know I want to do better than that. Any help would be SO APPRECIATED.

2. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Congrats Robb on your assignment. Take a look at "Sportsshooter.com." There you will find some of the best including Alex Cena and Frank to name a few. IMO, I suggest you just shoot, shoot and shoot more and thats better than anything you can do and watch for their submissions and learn from them.

3. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

check out the strobist webpage and SS ... there is a ton of information there that can help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.