Help with web based promotion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Medic Kayaker, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I need some advice. I am in the process of building a website to promote my photography, environmental concerns and sell some of my art. Building the website is a learning experience and I have had some problems trying to figure out how to display photographs and sell items through the website. I have looked at using Yahoo merchant services, PayPal, etc. and have they all have their advantages and disadvantages. Mainly, it comes down to legitimately starting a business and collecting the necessary permits and sales tax. Recently, I found the web based company exposuremanager.com. This company seems to offer the segue that I need. I can easily upload photos and they offer many ways to sell the photos at prices that I determine and then charge a 10% commission and an annual subscription fee; in addition, they collect sales tax (when needed), print, package and ship the finished print. All of which seems very reasonable.

Do any of you have any experience with exposuremanager.com? Does anyone, having suffered through similar issues, have any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks for your thoughts and help…regards,