Help with wording

Hello everyone,

So this is my situation, if you can call it that.

I have a blog (www.scnelson.com/blog). I post weddings and shoots and stuff on it. For the times that I have a second shooter, I would like to include their input in my blog posts. And I'm not talking about including pictures.

When I post about a wedding for example, I talk about the couple before the images. You can read some of this if you go to my blog and look at a wedding post or the like.

So, my question to everyone here is;
What would be a good way to showcase the two thoughts?

Now for an example. My blog post would look something like this.

----------
Mary + Joe Married 1.1.2012
Scott's Take:
Text text text about the couple for a paragraph or two.

Second Shooter's Take:
Text text text about what they thought about the couple.

*pictures*

----------

However, I want to do something more creative and little more formal that using the word 'Take'. Or even 'Thoughts' seems kinda lame.

Do you guys have any ideas? And I realize that something like this is totally personal preference and at the end of the day comes down to something that represents me and my brand.
Thanks in advance :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Chris
I don't understand why the photographer's thoughts about the couple or any aspect of the wedding outside of the pictures are important. Who is your audience for the textual part? Perhaps as a selling point to future customers? As a perk for your second shooters?

Defining the audience will guide your results.

I don't understand why the photographer's thoughts about the couple or any aspect of the wedding outside of the pictures are important. Who is your audience for the textual part? Perhaps as a selling point to future customers? As a perk for your second shooters?

Defining the audience will guide your results.

Chris,

I am not trying to figure out what to write. Perhaps I worded my OP incorrectly.

I am simply looking for a term or phase to delegate between my views and my second's views.

I feel like this might just turn into a thesaurus game.

Some example of what I have come up with in the last few hours, and the sort of thing I am looking for;

'How I See It / How She Sees It' (she because my GF is the one show shoots with me)
'From The Boys Side / From The Girls Side'
'Scott's Thoughts / Libby's Thoughts'

Scott's photos
Libby's photos
Personally, I wouldn't call my GF a "second shooter". I just use the term "two photographers"

I don't separate the two cameras. I combine the best of each. I shoot weddings with my son.

Scott's photos
Libby's photos
Personally, I wouldn't call my GF a "second shooter". I just use the term "two photographers"

I don't separate the two cameras. I combine the best of each. I shoot weddings with my son.

I gotcha Greg. I don't normally refer to her as a second shooter. We are two photographers. That was misleading. We are indeed a team and always shoot together (our dream is to be a husband/wife team so we are working our way there :tongue:). But you are correct. There is not image separation or anything like that. We do our best to flow seamlessly.

Latest threads

Top Bottom