1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by WCBike, Jul 3, 2008.

1. WCBike

WCBike

May 16, 2008
    Millsboro, DE
    I need some help to shoot this better the next time. Shot at dusk. Nikon D80 with Tamron 18-250 lens. Shot in Macro Mode at 250mm on tripod. I really like the shot except that the edges of the flower are blurred. Is this because I was in Macro Mode? Any suggestions how to set the camera for a sharper picture?

2634523697_08ceed88a2_b.

2. turtile

turtile

May 12, 2008
    Delaware
    Its because of the shallow DOF. You can use a smaller aperture (F11 or higher). Manual focus will help as well if you've been using auto.

3. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Definately increase DOF if you want the entire flower in focus. Keep in mind, by using a smaller aperture it will slow down your shutter speed. Are you using a tripod? If not, you may need to, depending on available light.

4. WC, not sure where the focus point is, but you might be too close to the point where the lens cannot focus. Not familiar with this lens and it's minimum focus distance, but if you are shooting manual, you can shoot a shot no matter the focal length/focus lock.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.