Help!

I need some help to shoot this better the next time. Shot at dusk. Nikon D80 with Tamron 18-250 lens. Shot in Macro Mode at 250mm on tripod. I really like the shot except that the edges of the flower are blurred. Is this because I was in Macro Mode? Any suggestions how to set the camera for a sharper picture?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Its because of the shallow DOF. You can use a smaller aperture (F11 or higher). Manual focus will help as well if you've been using auto.

Definately increase DOF if you want the entire flower in focus. Keep in mind, by using a smaller aperture it will slow down your shutter speed. Are you using a tripod? If not, you may need to, depending on available light.

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
WC, not sure where the focus point is, but you might be too close to the point where the lens cannot focus. Not familiar with this lens and it's minimum focus distance, but if you are shooting manual, you can shoot a shot no matter the focal length/focus lock.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom