HELP!!!

all of a sudden my lenses do not maintain 2.8 - i have the ring locked on 22, yet in utterly dark situation (lens cap on) it shows 5.6, 11, all crazy aperatures when it should show lo and use the 2.8 - any suggestions - and of course it happened at an inopportune time - i have taken all batteries out and reset, still nothing - thanks so much, i'm going crazy!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
on an added note - my continuous high is acting strange also - sometimes it fires and sometimes it's intermittent

d2h, nikon 80-200, sigma 28-70, both 2.8 - works fine in manual

Home: Columbia, MD, USA; Present: Bogota, Colombia
OK...

Are you sure you reset the camera to factory defaults? Maybe check each setting individually.

If so the computer scientist in me says try each lens in each of the four exposure modes (P,S,A,M) and see what doesn't work. If it is the same thing each of the lenses I say there is something wrong with the camera.

Otherwise I can't offer any other thoughts as I have never used the d2h.

i'll clean them and give it another go - does this seem really odd to you?

In theory...it sounds very odd, but it's really only a computer with a lens attached...in which case...nothing surprises me anymore.

B

bpetterson

Sounds like a trip to Nikon is in order to get PC card replaced.

Birger

M

marc

what af- mode are you using cl or ch in,

are you in focus or release priority, do you have the custom settings for num of shots sets correctly

do you understand that, the cf card needs to write and if you shoot ahead of the buffer, the camera will wait to catch up.

as far as the aperture thing, with the lens cover on, you should get lo

what shooting mode p, s, a m

read the manual and try learning how to use the camera

if you are in release p, the camera will fire, if in focus p, the camera will only fire if the af thinks it has focus.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom