Helping a Child Learn a New Skill

My granddaughter, Rylee, is working on a program of personal progress. She is learning how to set goals and take steps to accomplish them. One of her goals is to learn how to sew. Today I taught her how to thread a needle and do some embroidery. She loved it, and so did I!!
_DSC4195.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Such concentration! Good for her, it's never too early to learn a skill and the goals that accompany it.
I know I am prejudiced, but she is smart, too!! She caught on very quickly!! I called her a smarty pants, but I guess that isn't a complimentary term. So I edited my thread, because she is a sweetheart!!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Kudos to you and to her! Learning to set goals, accept setbacks, and continue is a life-lesson I fear too many kids are never taught! Gimme, gimme is reinforced too much!

Kudos to you and to her! Learning to set goals, accept setbacks, and continue is a life-lesson I fear too many kids are never taught! Gimme, gimme is reinforced too much!
I agree. We do live in a materialistic society. Raising kids is hard because so many have so much. There is such a balance between giving them enough but not too much.

I agree. We do live in a materialistic society. Raising kids is hard because so many have so much. There is such a balance between giving them enough but not too much.
We were recently having a discussion with our kids and a good friend about parenting. I said the hardest part was knowing when to say no. The more I thought about it, the less tongue-in-cheek it sounded.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Terri, this is absolutely wonderful to see. Also a very sweet photo. Glad to know there are plenty of people willing to teach such fundamental life skills/characteristics, etc. Goal setting needs to be taught.

Terri, this is absolutely wonderful to see. Also a very sweet photo. Glad to know there are plenty of people willing to teach such fundamental life skills/characteristics, etc. Goal setting needs to be taught.
Thank you, Glenn!! I need some personal motivation to improve on my own goal setting!!

Real Name
Michael J.
Wonderful photo which shows great concentration expressions.

Having a daughter 12 years of age, being at a same position helping my daughter achieving her goals showing the way what is important

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
First, I cannot believe that is Rylee - I remember when she was born!! :eek:

Second, it does my heart good to see this skillset being taught. Even in my own family, I cannot believe the number of younger relatives who have never seen a needle, much less threaded one.

What a wonderful goal; tell her I said "Congratulations!" :)

First, I cannot believe that is Rylee - I remember when she was born!! :eek:

Second, it does my heart good to see this skillset being taught. Even in my own family, I cannot believe the number of younger relatives who have never seen a needle, much less threaded one.

What a wonderful goal; tell her I said "Congratulations!" :)
Thanks, Lyndee!! It's hard to believe she is so grown up now!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom