Hemaris thysbe

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Randy, Jun 29, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2007
  2. Sorry to correct you, this is Hemaris thysbe (Hummingbird clearwing), but the shot is very good nonetheless.

Cheers

3. thx Harry
    i fixed the title

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Hemaris thysbe

5. That's a great capture Randy.

Alex

6. thx everyone

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Amazing shot. Very sharp and detailed for a flight shot. A beautiful animal.

8. thx Torben

9. WOW!

Wonderful shot, Randy!

10. super shot. how long did you have to follow him?

laurie

11. thx jukka

12. thx laurie

i had to stand still for a few minutes...they are a little better than hummers for staying around

i got quite a few shots of him:

[​IMG]

13. Wonderful, well done!

Alan

14. thx Alan

15. Outstanding!! I am so jealous!!! I have dozens of bumblebees and one lonely misdirected hummer. No moths or butterflies yet!! (At least, not when I am out there with my camera poised for the shot) :rolleyes:

16. thx Crystall !!

17. This is such a beautiful capture!

18. thx Cheryle

19. I finally saw my first hummingbird clearwing!!

Randy!!!

I saw my first hummingbird clearwing this afternoon in my garden!! It was so exciting and of course I was just setting up my 200mm micro and didn't have the tripod or monopd handy :frown:. I tried to shoot hand held, but he was too quick. I also stood as still as a statue and watched him flit from flower to flower, but no luck. At least I know he likes my butterfly garden. :biggrin: I'll be ready next time!!

20. These are easier than Hummingbird Hawkmoths because they have to rest their front feet on the flower to give them stability before they start to feed. Try and remember this and you may have some luck.

Bob F.