Hemlock over rock - Eagle Lake

150' high Hemlock tree growing over this car sized rock at Eagle Lake (just outside Mikisew Provincial Park) in Ontario. Taken at sunset with my D2X and 18-200mm Nikon zoom.
TreeOverRock.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fascinating picture.
I could care less what equipment you use, Nicely seen.
gary
I'm confused. I thought that as a Nikon fan site, people were sort of required to declare what equipment they used for the shot. As well, some people are interested in the technical aspects of the shot. Glad you liked the photo.

as a Nikon fan site
I shot nikon for 40+yrs. Now I shoot sony. I still love this place, and I still post the same as always.
You can talk about gear all you want here, it is a great site to learn about the strengths and weaknesses.
At the same time, many here are more concerned about the art than the gear.
Do I care what brush a painter uses or the brand of piano that is being played- nope.
It is either art, or it isn't.
By the way when I switched from nikon to sony no one noticed any difference in my work. I needed mirrorless at the time due to some vision issues- but my art did not change.
The galleries, shows, clients, friends- no one saw any difference. Darn it, I wish my work would have improved.
My last large sale was about 9 images- largest was roughly 40x82" or something like that. They were a mixture of multiple cameras and systems. No one can tell.
So, I don't care what camera or what lens is used. Each will have its strengths, and weaknesses. What really matters is the image- the art.
D2x is a great camera, enjoy every click.
gary

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Rather amazing how that tree has grown over that rock.

Latest threads

Top Bottom