Henry's Camera - any feedback?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pa, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Has anyone here dealt with Henry's Camera? Are they reliable?

What about USA buyers since they are a Canadian Company?

2. I bought a Fuji S3 battery tray from them off of eBay.
    No problems. I got the sense that they are a fairly large outfit.

3. Little Brit

Little Brit

Jan 18, 2008
    Vancouver
    I buy everything from Henry's. In store only though. They have been excellent.

4. For our US members; Henry's is a Canadian chain of photo stores. They have always treated me well as most of the salespeople are photographers too. Should be OK with mail-order from what I have heard, although I hvae alays dealt in-store.

5. Thanks for the feedback, all.

I noticed that everything is priced in CAN $, of course, so I assume that a U.S. buyer would get the benefit of the exchange rate.

They have the D60 body for $499.99 CAN, which is a pretty good deal. No one else sells a D60 except in kit form. I don't need the 18-55.

Whoops! I see we are almost at parity now, so I guess the exchange rate is not a factor any more.

6. I have bought Think Tank gear from Henry's via telephone ordering. EXCELLENT service - no worries at all. There was a time several years back where Henry had the best prices for the TT gear which is why I ordered there.

With the current state of the US dollar, that is regretably no longer the case.

The guy I dealt with at Henry's was - oh man, trying to remember his name since he really knew his gear - was Yumi or something like that. A Japanese name for sure. Ask if he is still there - very good guy to work with.

I am gonna be up all day trying to remember his name.....

7. I honestly find them overpriced but we don't have much to choose from, other then Henry's who is a chain, they have about two dozen locations, there is Vistek and Aden camera, so we don't have a lot to choose form. Frankly I would rather buy gear used from places like this board or a few others, the money you can save is huge and sure there is the warranty, but that is a personal choice.

AM

8. Little Brit

Little Brit

Jan 18, 2008
    Vancouver
    They have always matched the Camera Store price for me. :) Don't know if they would do that for an online sale though.

9. I'm in no hurry, so I think I'll wait 'til something shows up on one of the 'For Sale' boards.

Thanks to all who replied.