1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Henry's Camera - any feedback?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pa, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Has anyone here dealt with Henry's Camera? Are they reliable?

What about USA buyers since they are a Canadian Company?

2. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    I bought a Fuji S3 battery tray from them off of eBay.
    No problems. I got the sense that they are a fairly large outfit.

3. I buy everything from Henry's. In store only though. They have been excellent.

4. For our US members; Henry's is a Canadian chain of photo stores. They have always treated me well as most of the salespeople are photographers too. Should be OK with mail-order from what I have heard, although I hvae alays dealt in-store.

5. Thanks for the feedback, all.

I noticed that everything is priced in CAN $, of course, so I assume that a U.S. buyer would get the benefit of the exchange rate.

They have the D60 body for $499.99 CAN, which is a pretty good deal. No one else sells a D60 except in kit form. I don't need the 18-55.

Whoops! I see we are almost at parity now, so I guess the exchange rate is not a factor any more.

6. I have bought Think Tank gear from Henry's via telephone ordering. EXCELLENT service - no worries at all. There was a time several years back where Henry had the best prices for the TT gear which is why I ordered there.

With the current state of the US dollar, that is regretably no longer the case.

The guy I dealt with at Henry's was - oh man, trying to remember his name since he really knew his gear - was Yumi or something like that. A Japanese name for sure. Ask if he is still there - very good guy to work with.

I am gonna be up all day trying to remember his name.....

7. I honestly find them overpriced but we don't have much to choose from, other then Henry's who is a chain, they have about two dozen locations, there is Vistek and Aden camera, so we don't have a lot to choose form. Frankly I would rather buy gear used from places like this board or a few others, the money you can save is huge and sure there is the warranty, but that is a personal choice.

AM

8. They have always matched the Camera Store price for me. :)  Don't know if they would do that for an online sale though.

9. I'm in no hurry, so I think I'll wait 'til something shows up on one of the 'For Sale' boards.

Thanks to all who replied.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.