Her dreams

Discussion in 'People' started by dtbh, Mar 30, 2007.

1. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I just love the Beast for portraiture.

[​IMG]

2. I just love the sparkle in her eyes. It really sells the photo to me. Awesome work on capturing it.

3. Great subject, great lens, great photographer, great processing... great shot.

4. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I shoot wide open most of the time hence the sparkle in the eyes is extremely important in my images. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Always appreciate it.

Thanks so much Woody! Glad you like this one. :wink:

5. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Great portrait indeed Banhup!!! and, by the way, congratulations on your 1000th 'quality' post. I really enjoy your images, always a pleasure.

6. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Whoa! I didn't notice that I have reached that mark. Thanks SJ for the heads up and thanks for the nice comments.

7. Great capture... I love those eyes. So many stories to be told...

8. JD Photography

JD Photography

Aug 4, 2006
    Boston
    I think Woody said it best above...

Your processing is intriguing, I've tried to play with masks, layers, etc but I can't figure it out. Very amazing work as usual!

9. Banhup, looking at this photograph........... you can almost see a whole lifetime in her face and her eyes.

Exceptional imagery my friend.......... truly exceptional.......... :eek: 

G

10. A wonderful portrait indeed! Very well done, Banhup.

11. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    What a beautifully dynamic portrait Banhup. Love the golden glow on her skin.

12. there is a story or a few, waiting to be told in that face...

very nice Banhup.

13. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thank you all for taking the time to look at this pix and sharing your nice comments! Like many of the occupants of this retirement home she has lost a bit of her memory and still have the same stories to share each time I visited her. I have given her a copy of this image and she was so grateful that she has kept this next to her bed. I am glad she likes it too.:smile:

14. pelowell66

pelowell66 Guest

Banhup I agree with Roy, there are so many stories in this portrait, I would love to be able to do a study on this fine young lady.

15. What Woody said, I like the image a lot.

16. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Why do I click and open your threads? Why do I do it? Every time, I see an amazing image that just makes me realize how far I have to go. Its very humbling. Yet, I feel compelled every time....to click and look at some of the finest portraiture I've ever seen. Excellent work sir.

17. All I can say is WOW... The photography is awesome, and the subject is stunning. What grace, what wisdom, what compassion in her face... knowledge personified.

18. Wow, this one blew me away. Stunning portrait Banhup!

19. I love your portraits Banhup, I second Woody's words :smile:

20. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thanks! Mdm Wee will be celebrating her 90th birthday this month. I understand she will be having a big celebration and I know I'll be there.

Thank you Gordon!

Thanks Joshua! I am flattered by your nice comments.

Thanks so much! You should meet her in person. She is wise and graceful indeed.

Thank you to you too Marton!

You are so kind Panos. I appreciate it very much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.