Here’s your sign

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by pinhead, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Funny....

I saw a lot of these funny American translations while in Japan. You would think there would be a good business in Japan and China for an American translator to translate signs in to something more easily understood.

Don

2. there is actually a massive shortage of translators and English teachers in Asian countries. and now there are more non native English speakers using English than native ones. So much so that the English we use here in America will gradually be effected by foreign languages without us noticing. there is an awesome article in Wired magazine about it.

3. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Joe,

I like these a lot. How come you have all those signs where it says no picture taking :biggrin: I guess the guy with the black blob underneath is truly universal :smile:

4. i always take photos of no photography signs because its the ultimate photographic irony.

5. those are funny! I saw something like this a long time ago on the internet. You have a bunch that are different. Good work!

6. i agree....
    great link
    love the shots
    appreciate you sharing them with us

7. My SIL published a book of signs and graffiti from Tokyo, Japan. Yours remind me of hers.