1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Here are a few more from Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Pa, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Great shots Jim, and the first one is a really inserting little fellow, neat hair do. Is the last a scarlet Tangier ?

2. Thanks, Tom. I think it’s called a flame-colored tanager or striped-back tanager.

3. Beautiful images. The woodpecker really stands out.

4. Jim, #1 is truly superb!!

5. Many thanks, Gordon and Mitchell.

6. Beautiful set Jim. I didn't even realise somewhere like Costa Rica had oak trees so the "Acorn Woodpecker" intrigued me enough to hit the google button. Now I know that CR has fifteen species of oak. Yet another café education!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks. Our companions from California said that woodpecker is also seen there.

8. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    1 and 3 are really nice. The moss covered branch makes it.

9. Did you mean Savegre ?

10. Indeed. Thanks for catching that. I've now fixed it.

11. An amazing lodge with a great chef
    I’m booked for June with my wife and we do 2 nights at Savegre
    Funny thing is way more quetzals down the road at Paradise of quetzals

12. Yep, it is a very nice place. Hope it isn't too rainy while you are there. My only complaint is how cold the rooms were with very puny heaters that had little effect. But then I'm a skinny old man.

By the way, it should be "up the road" as Savegre is as low as the road goes; you can only go up from there unless you walk.

p.s. we spent a morning at Paraiso Quetzal Lodge and I got some great hummingbird photos.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  13. The guides at paradise know quetzals
    We had 3 outings with more than 1 bird in the open

14. Love that woodpecker. Perch, BG, techs, all excellent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.