Here Are Some Pics From The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo!

I shot these with my D7000 and 18-105mm lens. Criticism is welcome, but please go easy on me!

DSC_8966.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_8972.jpg

DSC_9024.jpg

I see that nobody has responded to your post. So I will go out and tell you what I think.

Background to busy on all pictures.
Re-crop the parrots. Still the light is behind them (not good)
Shot with the sun behind you. Early am or late pm.
Let the sun light up your subject.
Try to isolate the subject from busy background.

Look at this forum it has many pictures, you can get some ideas and different angles on the way people shot. Taking pictures of birds is sometimes challenging and patience plays a very big part in it.

Keep on shooting & posting.

Just my opiniom. I went easy on you!

I think your lens is rather too short to be very useful for zoo photography. A longer lens would make the subjects larger in the frame and help to separate the subjects from the background.
That said, I like the cockatoos: the background is colourful and quite appropriate. The exposure is good and the lighting shows off the feather texture beautifully. I would crop out as much as possible of the perches at the front and left to show the cockatoos off better.
Hope this helps

Alan

I see that nobody has responded to your post. So I will go out and tell you what I think.

Background to busy on all pictures.
Re-crop the parrots. Still the light is behind them (not good)
Shot with the sun behind you. Early am or late pm.
Let the sun light up your subject.
Try to isolate the subject from busy background.

Look at this forum it has many pictures, you can get some ideas and different angles on the way people shot. Taking pictures of birds is sometimes challenging and patience plays a very big part in it.

Keep on shooting & posting.

Just my opiniom. I went easy on you!

I think your lens is rather too short to be very useful for zoo photography. A longer lens would make the subjects larger in the frame and help to separate the subjects from the background.
That said, I like the cockatoos: the background is colourful and quite appropriate. The exposure is good and the lighting shows off the feather texture beautifully. I would crop out as much as possible of the perches at the front and left to show the cockatoos off better.
Hope this helps

Alan

I've got a 70-300mm lens, but I was busy chasing kids around, so I didn't have a whole lot of time. I didn't crop, or retouch any of the photos.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom