Here are some spoonbills

Discussion in 'Merritt Island I' started by mike mac, Feb 28, 2005.

1. These have to be the strangest looking birds I saw on my trip, but they sure were fun to watch and were high om my list to capture. Here is a collection I took while down there.
    original.
    original.
    original.
    original.

2. Mike -

Great captures of this magnificent bird...

3. Excellent Mike, you continue to put up impressive images. The spoonbills are certainly a worthy subject and you have really done them justice.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautifully done Mike.

I sure hope you attained the goal you were looking for in caputring these Beauties. Sure was tight quarters in that one pool.

A couple weeks earlier there seemed to be more. However every day seems different.

Thanks for sharing
    Gale

5. great shots mike, color and sharpness are great. Got some great "poses" too. We sure had a good time with them. At Reznicks Session, we were dying for this stuff.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Mike. Perfectley exposed, and I love the sharpness; not too much and not too little, but juuuuuust right.... :p

Regards,

Frank

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Mike,

Those are outstanding! Very nice work.

8. Hi Mike

This is awesome work. Please stop - I'm starting to feel inadequate :D

Just because your images are so good I'm going to get extra picky - I think your 1st image has a dust bunny almost right in the center. There - I feel better now 8)

Keep'm coming!!

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thank you Rory. I feel a lot better too. He's too dang good.

10. these were high on my list to come back with a nice posed shot to get them flying made my day!

11. thanks Gordon shooting in a group setting everyone was calling out incoming birds trading what EV they were using what the kelvin temp was, I got to learn a lot form a talented group of guys

12. Frank
    Thansk reminds of the three little bears tale...jussst right, I never expected to catch these guys in flight one of the highligts of my trip, but then again seems as the whole trip was a highlight

13. thanks Harry that small pool was amazing for sure

14. Rory
    You are too kind and yes I see the little sucker now, the dust down there was incredible, I spent about a 1/2 hour every night cleaning down the gear, guess the blower didn't get rid of this one. wplace to shoot