HERE ARE THE RESULT FOR THE CHALLENGE #1

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by Boobie Joe, Feb 9, 2005.

1. First, thank you everyone for the participation and for the voting as well.

I will recommend a few things for future Challenges:

For Posting:

Make sure the image has a title

For Voting:

Make sure you have entered the Artist Name, title in this order
    Make sure you include Artistic Value points
    Make sure you include Technical Aspect points

AND NOW the WINNER

First Place:

Uncle Frank with the beautyful Hummingbird
    26 Artistic Value points
    30 Technical aspect points

Second Place:

Rory Hill's Eagle ...
    17 Artistic Value points
    15 Technical aspect points

I will now let Uncle Frank lead us into the next Challenge ...

I would appreciate your comments and suggestions for the next challenges, only to make it even better. I personnaly think we were missing some HYPE and it is probably my own fault.

So suggestions are welcome.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks BJ for getting this going. I look forward to the next one and will definatly set myself a reminder on the submission deadline.

Ok Frank, whats next? :)

Thanks,

3. I cant believe anyone wasted a vote on mine, it was more or less just a bump of the message. The other shots were all so nice

congrats UF, for a hum dinger of a shot.

4. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    CONGRATULATIONS to Frank and Roy. Great looking entries by everyone.

5. I have to disagree with you Harris.

The submitted images were all very interesting. They were also all in the Challenge spirit of Movement wich is a good thing.

There is room for improvements, I am sure Uncle Frank will think of a few things :roll:

6. I'm honored to have won the first NikonCafe photo contest, but most of the credit should go to my model. Hummingbird photography isn't particularly difficult, but it draws an inordinate amount of attention and praise because the wee critters themselves are so charming. I'd also like to thank Yves for setting up the contest, and making it a theme that challenged me to look at my victims... err, subjects... in a different way. I had to develop new techniques to freeze the hummer's body while showing its wings in full motion, and that approach is leading me to exciting directions I hadn't considered before.

Give me a day to think over the theme for the next contest, and to consult with Yves about the rules. And thanks to those who voted for Wings of Light. Getting approval from such a fine group of photographers is an honor indeed.

7. It was a fun challenge in any event and my congratulations to Uncle Frank for an absolutely stunning image. It definitely conveyed the theme of challenge. Also Rory, yours was a "moving" image as well that was well photographed and presented. Thanks Yves for leading our first Nikon Cafe challenge competition.

8. Congrats to Uncle Frank - that was a great photo! My only suggestion is to figure out an easier way to vote...

Thanks for getting us started Yves.

9. This is much easier than any general election in florida :D

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    My congrat's to UF for a very nice, well presented image. I've heard folks talk about him almost since I got into this avocation a little over a year ago, and all comments have been very complementary. Since he has joined the Café, I can certainly see why.... :p

My main thanks have to go to Yves, for starting what I truly hope will be the first of many Nikoncafe challenges. The way that he set up the contest, laid out the rules in such a clear fashion, and set up and ran the contest and voting were nothing short of exemplary. Sort of like what we have all come to expect from his photographs.... :D

So again, a very big congratulation to Frank, and a huge thank you to our Ami, Yves. :!: :!:

Regards,

Frank