Here is Gray's of Westminsters D200 press release.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob the Spiderman, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Well Bob, that pretty well says it all. I am in line.

2. I must admit to being very very impressed with the specifications.

I can see a lot of amateurs who bought the D2X for mega-bucks trading DOWN to this camera, as it will suit their purpose much much better.

I think that Nikon have been very clever in releasing this AFTER the D2X.

Well we will see what the New Year brings. The present D100 owners must be absolutely over the moon with this camera.

BW. Bob F.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    This just about does it for me (somewhere in the future)

The D200 is also capable of ultra high-speed continuous shooting of five frames per second, capturing up to 37* pictures in JPEG or 22* in RAW format.

Hummmmm

But I will sure try it first. I need speed.

6. Gale, having followed your work and comments for quite a while now, I would say that the D200 was designed just for you :biggrin: ... I sincerely hope there are no issues with this camera, and I could easily see selling my D100 (currently using as a backup/secondary body) for what little I'll be able to get for it now and adding a D200 body to take it's place.

But not any time soon, I'm afraid. :frown:

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    It will be on the back burner for awhile Paul..

But in my thoughts :>))

You never have to be reluctant to say anything to me paul :>))

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Agree David.

But the D100 should still bring a decent price for the folks that are inbetween and don't shoot birds.

where did this dam birdie thing come from anyway. I was very happy with flowers :>))) lolol

10. When I got my D2X it was my plan to "trade down" if the D200 was an exceptional camera at a fair price. Well, the D200 certainly appears to be an exceptional camera at a fair price but there's no way I'm giving up my X for any camera.

After all this time (and the overblown focusing hype) the ONLY thing I do not LOVE about the X is that I have to buy a new computer to handle the file sizes.

That's a dilemma I will gladly live with.

I just hope everyone who buys a D200 enjoys their camera as much as I do. I am one happy shooter with a firm grip on a camera that fits my hand and style like it was made just for me.

Woody

11. My remark about trading down was not meant as a derogatory comment on the D2X or the existing owners.

On speaking to a number of retailers I was told on numerous occassions that those who 'must have' the latest and the greatest had found themselves a little unstuck with a number of issues but especially the file sizes. Hence the possibility of them now trading down.

I am just waiting for one to come to my attention for £100 and I will buy it!!

AH! Perchance to dream.

Bob F.

12. Bob, Please don't think my post was the result of any misunderstanding on my part of your comments. I'm just relating my own story and, in fact, agree that there are surely many people out there who will be trading their X for the D200... especially when you consider the fact that the 200 is about 85% of a D2X for 45% of the price.

The D200 is exactly what Nikon needed at this price point in a competative market.

Peace out,
    Woody

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I don't understand why anyone would trade down to a D200 fron a D2X.

10 Mega pixels is to much. So whats 2 more.
    I would really have prefered 8.

Still may consider a D2H. 4MP well there is always upsizing. Done it before without a problem.

14. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I hope some do trade down to the D200. :smile:

I would love to have a D2x as a backup to my D2x.:wink: