Here is Spike, the cat

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Philippe Roger, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Spike is sometimes taken for a (mini) mountain lion! He sure feels like one inside... that cat is fierce and is the king of the neighborhood! :p

[That image was converted from Raw with Rawmagick Lite using the high dynamic range mode... very impressive! Thanks Peter and Iliah! 8)
    16995634-L.

That cat is a hunter... and has been bringing birds back lately, even though he has a little bit of a handicap with a bell attached to his collar... :shock:
    16976876-L.

2. Nice shots Philippe!

That first shot might have benefitted from some fill flash and the second the face is a bit dark compared to the body. You could probably bring it up in PS to more closely match the body.

Nice work!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Man he's got some loooong hind legs Philippe.... :lol: Good looking kitty!! I like the shots, even though I agree that the first would benefit from a little fill. It is certainly a good illustration of the DR of the cam and RM.

Regards,

Frank

4. I can tell by looking at his eyes. My aunt has a cat like that. Constantly out in the woods hunting. She has a picture of the cat hanging on a tree upside-down waiting just above a bird house. Classic!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Philippe, what breed is Spike? He certainly doesn't look like any old ordinary, run-of-the-mill, domestic moggie.

I really like the second shot - it has an interesting perspective to it.

Neil

6. Todd, Thanks for the advice, both on the fill flash and on the localized PS processing: they would have both made these better. :? :D

Neil, I used the 70-200VR + 1.7 TC on those... Spike is a pure-bred Abyssinian cat (you know, the egyptian look?): they come in three colors, with a black overcoat (ruddy) like Spike, with a red tone like Spike's brother Pinky, or with a blue overcoat. We adopted them after the office manager of the place where I used to work left and they became too much to handle for an office; yes, they were office cats (don't ask me)... :wink: .

Frank, thanks for your comments: they are very much appreciated! 8)

Dawg, Spike isn't always that fearsome. There was this one time when he went up a tree and was cornered by a couple of ravens. This is probably 18-20' high, from across the street (and substantially cropped)... :shock:
    3890070-L.

7. That is a priceless shot!!! :D :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Both are good but #2 is my fovorite.